It’s been a really good weekend. Here’s why.
- We went into the Garden of Unearthly Delights yesterday as part of the Adelaide Fringe to hang out and do stuff. It’s an expensive exercise with buying food, seeing a show and a busker and buying one drink but it was a good thing to do. More details to come.
- I used a Christmas voucher today to buy a slow cooker. People keep raving about them to me and I thought I’d finally get one. There’s certain things I can only cook on the weekend because of the amount of time they take to cook and this will allow me to turn it on in the morning and have dinner ready when we get home. It’s got to be a very cheap way of having a live-in cook.
- I borrowed my sister’s digital SLR camera to try it out. I really really want my own and trying before I buy appeals to me. I’ve taken some photos but as it’s so different to my current camera I want to sit down with the manual and just muck around. It’s a Canon 350D – similar to one I’m thinking of getting anyway. If you’ve got an opinion on a great digital SLR camera please let me know.
Because it’s been a good weekend where we’ve gone out and done stuff there’s still loads of stuff to do. Here’s some of it:
- Put the chicken on to roast, and make a salad to go with it.
- Mow the lawn. It’s supposed to rain here over the next couple of days. Before I mow the lawn I have to pick up dog poo.
- Even though I vacuumed and mopped yesterday I have to sweep up dirt and dog hair already. Just as I typed that Monty came in and I told her to get out. She must be psychic!
- I have an overflowing basket of washing to fold.
- Finish off this blog post and get the hell away from the computer.
Lastly, a flurry of people entered the Step Brothers DVD giveaway at the last minute and a winner has been chosen.