I’ve been writing here for nearly three and a half years and I quite often get the blogging blues but I keep coming back, and here’s why (there’s tips for you here too):
- The blogging community. There’s loads of people blogging in all sorts of areas and if you take the time to go out and meet them (because they don’t always come to you), then blogging will feel so much more rewarding. Two communities I participate in are BlogHer, and a recent one for me – Bumpzee.
- Sometimes I just run out of ideas about what to blog so group writing projects are a great idea to get the juices flowing. This post is for one at Problogger. Scribbit has monthly ones with prizes, and MamaBlogga also has a monthly one with prizes. There are also plenty of blogging carnivals – just do a search.
- I just love to write which is the primary reason I started this blog. I’ve always kept some kind of journal and then when I discovered blogging and started blogging I’ve become addicted. Part of it is the community as I mentioned above.
- If I’m having a blogging slump sometimes I just need a few days off to regroup. The only way I can do that is if I pack my laptop away for the weekend and concentrate on spending quality time with my family. This can also potentially be blogging fodder.
- Trying to prove a point to a certain extent. I wrote about my three year blogiversary that this blog is almost the longest relationship I’ve ever had.
- Another community I participate in is Flickr because I like taking photos. I wouldn’t say I stun the Flickr community with my photo taking prowess, but I do use the pictures I take to write around, or to add to my blog posts.
Hopefully these are some tips to help get your blogging groove back.