Tonight was the first night since last Wednesday where I’ve been able to sit down after dinner by myself and just relax. I’ve been a busy girl.
- Thursday night (after another day off work because JJ had gastro – again) I went to see Here Lies Love – a David Byrne/Fat Boy Slim musical collaboration about Imelda Marcos. It wasn’t too bad. David Byrne’s narration inbetween songs needs some work because I could hardly hear it over the background noise of the bar fridge, people talking and him just speaking softly and at times, uncertainly (or nervously?).
- Thursday night part 2 – Went into the Persian Garden which is the hangout place for the Adelaide Festival. It’s got a very peaceful atmosphere and is very relaxing.
- Friday night – babysitting duty. I had a friend of JJ’s over and another friend’s daughter.
- Saturday morning – 5.30am the two young kids woke up and I told them in no uncertain terms they had to go back to sleep. 6.30am they came in and asked for breakfast. They got breakfast about 7.30am.
- Saturday evening – went to a friend’s place for her birthday drinks. JJ went to bed there early so I was able to sit around and have adult time.
- Sunday night – went to WOMADelaide – a wet WOMADelaide. Was great to get the very last minute opportunity to go.
- Monday (today) went to the Adelaide Fringe Family Day.
Tonight – I plan a fairly early night before going to work tomorrow.