One thing about being a blogger is having to rely on technology. It’s great when it works but when it doesn’t it can involve a bit of time to troubleshoot. Luckily I’m persistent and can work out most things myself.
I subscribe to my own RSS feed and noticed that it hadn’t updated since my Sensitive Tony post the other day. I was mucking around with embedding a Storify story and I think this made the feed too large and the technology that spits out my feed spat the dummy.
So I’ve found a solution on the WordPress.org help forums by “rcdiugun”:
If anyone is still having trouble with this thing, I finally solved it. It’s the strangest thing.
First, go to the setting of your syndication feed (under “Reading” options/settings) and make sure that it will only show one post.
Next, create a new post and publish it. Just a test post so that WordPress will generate a new feed. Once that is done, you can use feed URL with feedburner.
When feedburner has finally accepted your URL, go back to your wordpress install. Delete the test post. Set the syndication feed number to the value of your choice.
I hope this works. And if you are reading this you might also like the post I did yesterday with some ‘tell it like it is’ photos of my son.