Friday, 2 September 2011, Day 283/365.
Prakky recently wrote about seven technological annoyances. This is its sister post for seven things that annoy me about shared workplace kitchens:
- Lunch left in the microwave and the person that put it there is nowhere to be seen and you want to use the microwave yourself.
- The lack of forks and teaspoons in the cutlery drawer. I’ve written about this before and believe it or not a study has been done about missing teaspoons in the workplace.
- It’s always the same people who put the clean dishes away once the dishwasher has done its thing. Even in a workplace I used to be in that had a roster it was still the same people from each team while others were nowhere to be seen.
- Dirty dishes left on the sink even though the dishwasher has now been emptied and is accepting dirty dishes.
- Food that’s been left in the fridge/freezer and forgotten, especially when it goes off and smells.
- An empty cofffee/milk/….. container. It’s not that hard to find out the process for getting a new one.
- A dirty sandwich maker. Give it a wipe after you use it people!
Really, these gripes just boil down to people being lazy and not considering others. I know there’s worse things in life than a full dishwasher of clean dishes but a bit of consideration goes a long way.
What have I missed?
Michelle Prak says
The microwave in a workplace-that-shall-not-be-named is getting very grimy right now.
Even having a food covering thingy on board for the microwave doesn’t seem to protect it from the spatters.
Hazel Edmunds says
Leaving the milk out on the side so it goes off – yeuk.
I don’t notice that one so much at work, but occasionally at home it does.