This morning was the normal day our mother’s group meets. I’ve kept in contact with the same four people since our first children were born, which is four years now. Today there was only one of them and her two kids. The other person who was supposed to turn up didn’t and the other two had other commitments this morning.
Winter is trying to hold on here so we met at one of those indoor play area/cafe’s. I really don’t like these places and this morning confirmed why.
- When the weather’s crap everyone goes there so it’s really hard to get a carpark, then once inside, a seat and to get served for refreshments. I had to wait over half an hour for a cup of herbal tea and a fingerbun.
- It’s really noisy.
- There’s heaps of kids there (oh that’s right, that’s why I was there).
- It’s quite filthy. The carpet’s dirty and I would hate to think what bacteria are lurking. I am not normally anal about dirt but it’s pretty easy to see that this place doesn’t get cleaned very well on a regular basis.
- On that subject, just about every kid had a snotty nose and I don’t think I saw one kid that coughed cover their mouth.
- As a parent, you can’t really talk to other parents because you’re too busy wondering what damage your child might be doing.
The only reason I do go to places like this is because JJ likes it and because I can catch up with my peers and have some adult company on a non-working day. I don’t go to these places that often and my dotpoints above is why.