Things I love from around the blogosphere, and why:
- "I could have done five or six virgins by now." If this was the only bit you read you’d be doing yourself a disservice and you’d probably get the wrong idea about what the post is about. In fact I think once you get started on this blog you’ll find it fascinating reading. If you remember Granny Gets a Vibrator, this is from her latest blog (As the Tumor Turns), writing about what it’s like during/post cancer.
- I don’t love cruelty to animals – not at all. In fact I don’t understand how people can be cruel to animals. Bob the 42 pound turtle is in intensive care after he was taken from his home and mutilated and his owners are facing a massive vet bill and need help. I’m including this because I love animals and hate seeing them mistreated.
- Small pleasures with a weekly visit to the Farmer’s Market by Ronni Bennett and I can relate to this. A farmer’s market started near my place nearly one year ago. I try to go every week but as it’s on a Sunday morning it’s not always possible because I’m not here or I’ve had a very busy Saturday night. I do love the fresh produce and I love the fact that I’m not helping supermarket shareholders fill up their coffers, but helping local producers.
- Nicole found my post the other day about being pregnant and alone and she’s got a similar story. She didn’t know she was pregnant until she was about six months along so in that respect we’re quite different as I knew just about straight away but it is interesting reading another person’s story. She seems to be pretty level headed and not too freaked out so it will be interesting following her story.
- Last but not least, get your blogging groove back – day 4 from Problogger. It’s about link posts today which is what this post is. It’s a good series and worth saving for when and if you lose your blogging groove. I wouldn’t say I’ve lost mine but every now and again I do. It’s made me get off my butt and finish off and publish a couple of draft posts I had lying around. In fact, I would suggest another way to find something to publish on your blog is to look at your draft posts to see if there’s any material you can use when you can think of nothing else.