I live not too far away from a small shopping centre with a little supermarket, a video/dvd rental place and a fish and chip shop amongst other things. Therefore I often walk down there as it’s a lot more convenient than driving.
I have to pass a house that I’ve suspected is a brothel for quite some time. The hints that it probably is a brothel:
- There is a string out lights (not red mind you) on the front of the house that are always on.
- There are scantily clad women arriving and leaving (I was going to say coming and going, mmm).
- There are men arriving and leaving.
- These men and women arriving and leaving are at odd hours of the day, I’ve seen from 7am to much later at night – odd times for a more reputable business.
- The blinds are always down at the front and the windows have security screens over them.
- There is a vending machine out front (drinks, not condoms – that would have been a dead giveaway. I guess the working girls have the condoms – they are the vending machine).
The brothel location doesn’t really bother me as it’s not that close to my house and it is on a main road near a local government place and other daytime businesses so the comings and goings of workers and clientele shouldn’t bother too many people.
I finally asked a local friend this morning if she knew (as she knows everything) and she confirmed it for me.
So now I know, and if I ever get desperate for a buck (or perhaps something rhyming with buck), I know where to go.