I’ve actually started putting some content in so the blog is coming along. It took a while to find a theme I was reasonably happy with and it’s slow going over a dialup connection at home. I settled with a theme from Crave4more – Cravingforgreen. I have changed it a fair amount and down the track will probably start from scratch and do my own.
I’m currently having trouble with the heading size in the content area. I’ve changed it in style.css but it just doesn’t change in the site. So I’m currently doing a backup of my changes and will copy some of the original theme files back in to try and see what the problem is. Changing the H2 in style.css just isn’t working so it must be getting the size from somewhere else.
I did find a very useful document about WordPress Themes at Urban Giraffe which I paid the 5 US dollars and downloaded the PDF. They step through it step-by-step so now that I’m getting more used to how it all hangs together I’ll do that at some stage.
The other time waster has been image insertion. As safarisuit.com is very image intensive I needed something fairly easy to add images with. This meant I had to search through all the plugins and eventually settled successfully with Iimage Browser. A lot of the documentation with these plugins is not geared towards newbies like myself and is hard to trawl through.
The only problem with Iimage Browser is that it doesn’t have a wysiwyg editor which is a bit of pain when you want to move images around more than anything. My workaround was to insert the images, turn on the visual rich editing again and then move the images around.