As per Nina’s request to a recent post of mine I’ve put this recipe up to share. It’s a healthy one and very tasty and filling and JJ loves it. Seeing me hook into it has helped him eat lots more fresh vegetables and he can out eat me in the carrot stakes.
Adapted from ‘Body Business’ by Donna Aston:
- 185g tin of tuna in springwater
- 125g of cottage cheese (I use just over the recommended amount so I can use half of a tub of cottage cheese)
- 1.5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (I use slightly less than she says)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed/linseed oil (I reckon you could use something else but I got this oil from a healthfood shop)
I mix all this up in a food processor. The recipe says just to combine it all, so either one is fine.
Eat the dip with fresh vegetable sticks, eg carrots, celery, cucumber, green beans, blanched asparagus, cauliflower, snow peas (mange tout).