I haven’t posted for a few days as I’ve been a busy girl. This is what’s been happening:
- Rehearsals for me and my mates ‘gig’ on Friday evening alongside the RiverTorrens next to two Popeyes with 140 other people dressed in safari suits and the like.
- The actual very short ‘gig’ (performing ‘A Swingin’ Safari’ and ‘Blue Jeans’) to a fairly appreciative crowd, and then the rest of the Safari evening. Unfortunately we didn’t have amplification so much sound was lost.
- Recovering on Saturday. The Christmas Pageant was on, but we watched it on the telly – twice. We also watched The Magnificent Seven, Shrek 2 and goodness knows what else. My sister brought round fish and chips for dinner. I was no good to anyone.
- A barbeque on Sunday for a friend who was visiting from London. He’s one of the few people I know who’ve actually met my son’s father. When we left JJ had been talking so much that his voice was croaky.
- Day off yesterday to update the above linked website. As of this posting it’s not up but within a day or two there will be photos from Friday night.
- Yesterday I also got the plumber round to have a look at the drain in my backyard. It only goes a little way into the ground and the water soaks into the ground. Unfortunately if there’s lots of water like there was a week ago then it’s absolutely usesless.
I also got the plumber to do a couple of small jobs inside, including having a look at the toilet. He saw my toilet paper and said not to use that one. It’s a Kleenex Cotenelle toilet paper that I buy because it’s twice as long as other types therefore I don’t have to change the roll all the time. He said it’s hard to flush and so is the stuff that’s thicker. He changed a washer in the cistern. I asked about the state of my cistern and he said it would be fine as it’s easy to get parts for Coroma’s.
I’ll never be buying anything but a Coroma after him telling me stories of builders buying cheaper brands to install in new houses and then plumbers having to replace them a year later because they’re absolutely crap (hah hah – weak joke).
Now it’s back to rehearsals for our next ‘gig’. A friend is getting married soon and she’s asked us to play two songs with our ukuleles. I have warned her that we don’t know how to play that well, but the two songs only have three-four chords so hopefully will sound okay.